Monday, November 29, 2010

Who’s gonna have the fastest network?

Verizon. That’s who. When Verizon’s new 4G LTE network is unleashed at the end of the year, it will deliver data ten times faster than 3G networks. That’s blazing.

4G will only be available in 38 major markets in the beginning. It will take a while to get to the boonies where I live, but it will be nice to have when I travel. It will also be available in some major airports.

Current 3G handsets are incapable of receiving 4G. There will no doubt be a rush to get new 4G capable handsets to market by manufacturers. I understand that there will be a half dozen or so units available to view at the Consumer Electronics Show, and I’m eager to see them.

I wonder about people who invested in a 3G unit. Will Verizon allow them to upgrade without penalty. I wonder too if iPhone and Verizon will finally get together as rumored.

Well, I guess with any new technology, there are always growing pains. In this case, I think it will be worth the effort. Way to go Verizon!

No comments: