Thursday, January 27, 2005

Cloning Now Legal

Spb Software House has just announced the release of its new Clone software, and I’m really excited about it. Let me tell you why. What is does is store an image of your programs, settings, and data on an expansion card that can be plugged into other PPCs to set them all up in identical fashion.

This is a hugely important consideration if you want to have employees all packing the same setup. I find it useful in two ways. One is that in reviewing software on various applications I like to have the various PPCs I use all setup similarly, and it’s a pain to configure each one individually.

The second solution this program offers is that I run an eBook program for our local library, and it will make loading all the PPCs a breeze instead of it taking me a half hour or so to restore one when I patron lets the battery die, which is inevitably the case.

Look for a full review in PocketAnywhere.com soon.

No comments: