Friday, January 21, 2005

Plastic Perturbations

All in one day I managed to be deprived of the functionality of two of my favorite toys, all because they are plastic.

It is difficult to describe the affection I feel for the Crystal Case from Proporta that I have dedicated for use in my car to house my GPS PPC because it is a see-through case, and I don't have to worry about flipping a pesky case cover out of the way. Driving along, the lid just fell in my lap for no reason at all. One of the plastic hinges broke off and now it's ruined.

The second tragedy occurred in the middle of a meeting using my ThinkOutside Bluetooth keyboard. I decided to remove the PDA stand from the keyboard. In the process of detaching it, I succeeded in breaking off one of the plastic attachment mounts. Suffice it to say that it is difficult to remove the stand and it should be done with extreme caution, for it is easy to break the connectors.

Now I sit here broken-hearted caseless and standless.

TIP
When you travel, take a tube of SuperGlue. I glued the broken piece back on the stand and it works again, which is good because it was awkward using the keyboard without it.

SKYPEING: Thanks to Logitech's BT Headset

I'm still on the road enjoying a highspeed wireless connection in my hotel room and throughout the building where my meetings have taken place. I also took advantage of the Wi-Fi hookups to make some phone calls using Skype software and a Logitech Bluetooth headphone. It all worked wonderfully well once I remembered to turn up the volume. People on the other end complained that I sounded a bit scratchy, but that's a vast improvement over the horrible echoes that occurred before I got the headphone.

No comments: