Tuesday, January 18, 2005

How I Lost 24 Pounds in One Day

I'm packing to take off on a business trip and evaluating whether or not to take my lunky laptop and all its associated peripherals, cables, and software. Nah, there's nothing I will need a laptop for that my Dell Axim X30v can't handle on this trip. I'm even going to leave my cell phone behind and pick up a few more ounces, because there will be Wi-Fi available everywhere I'll be, and I can use my PPC and VoIP with my Logitech BT headset for a cell phone. I'm taking my Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse as well so that I can write a novel if I want to and certainly cruise the Web and handle my email with great efficiency--no tapping on this trip. Since I had already packed everything in my customary travel bag, I decided to weight it. Wow, almost 24 pounds. That's a lot of weight to eliminate this day and age when weight per bag is limited to just 50 pounds, and I often tuck my peripheral bag into my suitcase. Now I can take a smaller suitcase, even a carry-on and still conduct business as usual just using my PDA. I even plan to use it to give a PowerPoint presentation at a board meeting. That always amazes people when I pull out my little pocket warmer and plug it in.

Now, if I could just find a diet that would make people lose 24 pounds in one day. That would give Dr. Atkins a run for his posthumus proceeds.

No comments: